The Student Room Group

Apps I use as a university student

Hi, I'm Horhorli and I study Pharmacy. :smile:

As a student, technology has become an integral part of my life. I use various apps to help me manage my time, stay organised, and be productive. Here are some of the apps I use daily to enhance my student experience.

Note-taking apps 📝
Taking notes is an essential part of student life. Luckily, there are many note-taking apps available that make this task much easier. Two of my faves are OneNote and Google Keep.

OneNote has several features that help me stay organised, such as the ability to create different notebooks for different courses, sections for each class, and pages for different topics.

Google Keep is great for quick notes and reminders. I love how I can colour-code my notes and set reminders for important tasks.

Calendar and task management apps 📅
Managing time is crucial as a student, and I rely heavily on my calendar and task management apps to help me stay on top of my assignments and deadlines.

Google Calendar is my fave calendar app because it's user-friendly and syncs seamlessly with other apps.

I also use Trello to manage my tasks and to-do lists. Trello allows me to create boards for different courses and tasks, add due dates, and track my progress. With Trello, I can easily visualise my progress and stay motivated to complete my tasks.

Study apps 📚
Studying can be tedious and monotonous, but there's several apps available that make it more engaging and interactive.

Quizlet is one such app I use regularly. It lets me create flashcards and quizzes, which makes memorisation easier and more fun.

Another app I love is Duolingo, a language learning app that gamifies the learning process, making it more enjoyable and interactive.

Productivity apps ✍️
These help me stay focuses and efficient.

Forest is a unique app that helps me avoid distractions by planting a virtual tree. The tree grows as I focus on my work, and if I leave the app, the tree dies. It's a fun way to stay motivated and avoid procrastination.

Freedom is a website blocker that prevents me from accessing distracting websites during my study time. With Freedom, I can focus on my work without any interruptions.

What are your most used apps as a university student?
I also used google calendar loads, mainly because it could overlap the calendar of my uni account, personal account and also the society that I was running at the time. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending