The Student Room Group

flashcards or memorising flashcards during y10 summer?

So, I've just completed creating my history Elizabeth flashcards today, and my sociology family flashcards are done too. Now, I'm contemplating how to best utilise my time during the summer. I'm torn between making flashcards for all the content I've covered in Year 10 or focusing on memorising and making flashcards, even though I might not be able to finish making all of my flashcards by September. I have concerns that simply memorising my current flashcards might be useless because the information might not stick well since there's so long until now and GCSEs and also the large number of cards are demotivating me from going through them all, especially for Elizabeth where there are 104 cards. On the other hand, if I review these flashcards consistently from now and throughout Year 11, the knowledge might stick better in the long run, but then I won't have all of my flashcards done when September starts. So should I just focus on making flashcards or making them and reviewing, despite the fact that I won't be able to have flashcards for all of Y10 content done?
Original post by username6280651
So, I've just completed creating my history Elizabeth flashcards today, and my sociology family flashcards are done too. Now, I'm contemplating how to best utilise my time during the summer. I'm torn between making flashcards for all the content I've covered in Year 10 or focusing on memorising and making flashcards, even though I might not be able to finish making all of my flashcards by September. I have concerns that simply memorising my current flashcards might be useless because the information might not stick well since there's so long until now and GCSEs and also the large number of cards are demotivating me from going through them all, especially for Elizabeth where there are 104 cards. On the other hand, if I review these flashcards consistently from now and throughout Year 11, the knowledge might stick better in the long run, but then I won't have all of my flashcards done when September starts. So should I just focus on making flashcards or making them and reviewing, despite the fact that I won't be able to have flashcards for all of Y10 content done?

YESSS. Just start revising asap
Original post by username6280651

I would focus on making flashcards rather than memorising them because if you don't do them now, you are likely to leave it until closer to mocks and spend less time actually revising. As soon as you have finished making the flashcards (or even while you are in the process of making all of the flashcards) you can revise them consistently. Do you make physical flashcards or use online flashcards?
I would focus on making flash cards until they’re all complete. Although starting to revise off then now is a good idea, you have plenty of time until your GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest