The Student Room Group

Managing time when doing a maths A level as well as a gap year course

I want to study physics at uni and I will sit my physics A levels in 2024 along with chemistry and music however I am not taking maths A level which is a requirement for most unis if I want to study physics.

My current plan is to take a gap year in order to study maths A levels on my own however I wanted to take a gap year course in music as well. I was wondering if it is more manageable time wise to sit the maths A levels in 2025 and so study for it after my A levels in 2024 and alongside the music gap year course at conservatoire or sit the exam in 2024 and start studying for it now alongside my other A levels and preparing for the music course auditions in November. How much free time does one have at uni if you take out around 2-3 hours a day to practice an instrument as well? Is there a better solution to still being able to study physics as well as music? I am aware that there are some unis that have integrated physics foundation years in which maths is not compulsory however I did not want to be limited to only those unis that's why I wanted to do maths A levels as well but maybe it's too much to handle at once?
I am open to any suggestions of other possibilities which will allow me get to study both theoretical physics and music. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest