The Student Room Group

Year 10 advice

i'm in yr10 this September and I was wondering if you guys gave me advice. I think from what i have heard, GCSE is a very hard topic and it scares me so much! I'm a teacher's pet,making sure i do the work but would I need to do this again for the next few years? Also, i am also thinking ahead about work experience! I think i already decided on a placement not sure if it works...
Please help me!
Reply 1
Well as a whole (idk what subjects your taking advice from a current Yr10 going to yr11).

Is revise content once you learn it to make sure it sticks with you. End of term tests ect treat them like a proper test. So you know what to improve from. Make revision resources ahead of time. Your future self will thank you. Buy revision guides if you haven't already they are very helpful. Use websites to revise and get resources e.g anki and Quizlet for flashcards.

Let me know what subjects you plan to take so I can give you more subject specific advice xx

Chillax a bit and don't stress abt gcse being hard as it will make it worst, try enjoy it!
Reply 2
I'd say make revision resources right from the get go, whilst the content is free in your mind. Make sure to pay attention in class and don't be distracted by other people. Do your homework as soon as its set since the content is also fresh in your mind and it saves being stressed out trying to do homework last minute. Revise in small bits throughout the year, whether it is just a couple questions a day or something. Don't just revise in exams. Look at the specification for your exams early on. Ask your teachers to mark anything or give feedback/advice on the work you've done (i.e like history or english essays).

Quick Reply

Latest