The Student Room Group

Is linguistics major more difficult than education major

I've been thinking what course to major in uni, i will probably be a teacher in future but I'm not pretty sure about which major is easier. Linguistics or education and teaching. If anyone who's major in this I'll really appreciate your experience sharing about your courses❤
Original post by 12InchesParadise
I've been thinking what course to major in uni, i will probably be a teacher in future but I'm not pretty sure about which major is easier. Linguistics or education and teaching. If anyone who's major in this I'll really appreciate your experience sharing about your courses❤

Hi!
I have just finished my first year at York St John University studying English Language and Linguistics (not pure linguistics however I can provide some insight). I have absolutely loved linguistics so far, it has been fascinating looking into phonetics and pronunciation as well as language in practical contexts such as households that use more than one language in day to day life. I would definitely recommend linguistics as a fascinating course if you are interested in the details of how speech is produced. Additionally, I will note that the linguistics part of my course is heavily science based for example looking at the anatomy of the throat and mouth, I found that many of my course mates didn't expect this so definitely look at the individual modules for each course you apply for.
Although I cannot speak from personal experience I also have a few friends studying education (specifically early years) who absolutely love their course, especially their placements in local schools.
I hope this is helpful, please reply with any questions and I will try my best to answer!
Faye :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending