The Student Room Group

how to become a psychology teacher

hi if i get a psychology degree, can i complete a PGCE after and then become a teacher (a-level students mostly)
would i need a QTS though??? how does this work??
You would get QTS through your PGCE :smile: so yep, this is the perfect route.
Reply 2
Original post by furryface12
You would get QTS through your PGCE :smile: so yep, this is the perfect route.

thank you so much!! :smile: would i be teaching GCSE & a-level ? if im only doing a-level psychology and haven’t got GCSE would i need to study gcse psychology too or would i be trained in the PGCE anyway?
Reply 3
bump
Original post by Anonymous
thank you so much!! :smile: would i be teaching GCSE & a-level ? if im only doing a-level psychology and haven’t got GCSE would i need to study gcse psychology too or would i be trained in the PGCE anyway?

The GCSE and A level courses change regularly, but you'll learn everything you need to know through your degree and PGCE :smile: and from keeping up with the syllabus of course. You'll be teaching whichever courses the school you're working for offers - but likely both GCSE and A level yes.
Reply 5
Original post by furryface12
The GCSE and A level courses change regularly, but you'll learn everything you need to know through your degree and PGCE :smile: and from keeping up with the syllabus of course. You'll be teaching whichever courses the school you're working for offers - but likely both GCSE and A level yes.

thank you!! i’m very excited now 🥰

Quick Reply

Latest