The Student Room Group

References for PGCE

One of my references has to be from my uni as I am still there, just want to get clarification on the other one.

I spent one morning a week for 5/6 months volunteering at a primary school. Could I use them as a reference? Would I just email the school asking them before I apply?
Reply 1
Hey, you can give two references from uni? Or if you have done a part time job or work exp that could also work as another ref.

Yeah I would contact the school but a phone usually is quicker.
Good luck with ur application
Original post by zqay
Hey, you can give two references from uni? Or if you have done a part time job or work exp that could also work as another ref.

Yeah I would contact the school but a phone usually is quicker.
Good luck with ur application

The course that I do means very few people actually know who I am, plus it makes sense to get some references from a school considering I'm applying for a school.

The school was normally pretty good at replying to emails so I think email should be fine.

Thank you for your help! A few more months before I apply but I hope everything goes well!
When should I email them? Just before applications open? I kinda just want to apply straight away to get it done with, and also slightly concerned they'll forget me haha. I was in the school one morning a week for 6 months so hopefully they remember be.

Also, does it matter if the school experience reference is from a primary school if I'm applying to secondary? I have secondary experience but just spent longer in primary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending