The Student Room Group

eligible for student finance Northern Ireland after living abroad

Hi,I temporarily moved from the UK to the US in August 2023 where I have been living with family and working part time ( I intend to leave the States by July) . I have been offered a 2024 PGCE place at a University in the UK and am worried that I will not be eligible for student finance as the website says you need to be living in the UK for 3 years before the start of your course. I have kept my UK bank account open and have also kept my UK phone contract - is this enough proof that my trip was always going to be temporary and that I'll still be eligible for funding? I have dual citizenship for both the UK and US
Original post by niamh8901
Hi,I temporarily moved from the UK to the US in August 2023 where I have been living with family and working part time ( I intend to leave the States by July) . I have been offered a 2024 PGCE place at a University in the UK and am worried that I will not be eligible for student finance as the website says you need to be living in the UK for 3 years before the start of your course. I have kept my UK bank account open and have also kept my UK phone contract - is this enough proof that my trip was always going to be temporary and that I'll still be eligible for funding? I have dual citizenship for both the UK and US

Hi Niamh,

Time spent abroad is fine so long as it's temporary. So, we'll ask you for some proof of this and it sounds like you have some already.

Does your course begin this September or later?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Niamh,
Time spent abroad is fine so long as it's temporary. So, we'll ask you for some proof of this and it sounds like you have some already.
Does your course begin this September or later?
Thanks, Graeme

Hi, thanks for the reply! It begins this September
Original post by niamh8901
Hi, thanks for the reply! It begins this September

Hi Niamh,

You can apply now if you haven't already then send us yuor evidence of your time outside the UK. Anything you send include a cover letter explaining why you're sending it along with your name and customer reference number. The team will review this and confirm if it's been accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending