The Student Room Group

lying in epq??

i was curious if i added some fake people as part of primary research, would they catch on to this? i need like 10 people for primary research minimum but my question is rly dodgy and hard to find ppl that fit criteria i need. ive got a few and already made method and risk assessment etc. is it that deep if i add some more fake ones?
cheers
Reply 1
Original post by aneer3wq3wt
i was curious if i added some fake people as part of primary research, would they catch on to this? i need like 10 people for primary research minimum but my question is rly dodgy and hard to find ppl that fit criteria i need. ive got a few and already made method and risk assessment etc. is it that deep if i add some more fake ones?
cheers

When conducting research as a part of your EPQ, I would absolutely not recommend that you create some fake data for the purposes of your research. Not only can this leave you open to being disqualified for plagiarism, but it can be detrimental to your project as a whole. By creating the data yourself, disregarding the potential for disqualification, you are not actually learning anything about your research topic, and this can then limit the insight of the data you have collected and thereby the quality and final grade you receive in your EPQ. Gathering true, real-to-life data will not only mean that you do not have to worry about being caught out by the exam board, but it can in fact mean that you receive a better final grade in your EPQ as a whole, as your EPQ will actually come with some level of unique insight from people's real-world experiences, and this is something that is just impossible to get when you make the data up yourself. I would advise posting the link to the form or questionnaire on these forums, on social media, or even just sending it to a few close friends, and you'll have heaps of real-world, true-to-life data that can add a unique twist and sense of reality to your EPQ, supplementing its quality while also meaning that there is absolutely no chance that you will be disqualified. Furthermore, by actually creating the form and then sending it to friends, posting it online, or posting it on your social media, you are doing something that you can then add to your production log to show the examiner that you have actually gone out and spent a lot of time collecting your own primary research data, and this is something that is always very good for maximising your marks. Best of luck with the rest of your EPQ!

𝙎𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙀𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙤𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩
Reply 2
Original post by SEMT
When conducting research as a part of your EPQ, I would absolutely not recommend that you create some fake data for the purposes of your research. Not only can this leave you open to being disqualified for plagiarism, but it can be detrimental to your project as a whole. By creating the data yourself, disregarding the potential for disqualification, you are not actually learning anything about your research topic, and this can then limit the insight of the data you have collected and thereby the quality and final grade you receive in your EPQ. Gathering true, real-to-life data will not only mean that you do not have to worry about being caught out by the exam board, but it can in fact mean that you receive a better final grade in your EPQ as a whole, as your EPQ will actually come with some level of unique insight from people's real-world experiences, and this is something that is just impossible to get when you make the data up yourself. I would advise posting the link to the form or questionnaire on these forums, on social media, or even just sending it to a few close friends, and you'll have heaps of real-world, true-to-life data that can add a unique twist and sense of reality to your EPQ, supplementing its quality while also meaning that there is absolutely no chance that you will be disqualified. Furthermore, by actually creating the form and then sending it to friends, posting it online, or posting it on your social media, you are doing something that you can then add to your production log to show the examiner that you have actually gone out and spent a lot of time collecting your own primary research data, and this is something that is always very good for maximising your marks. Best of luck with the rest of your EPQ!

𝙎𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙀𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙤𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩

ic, but how would they even catch on that i made it up??
Your results would probably be skewed, and not exactly correlate with previous findings on the topic by others - also, maybe this is just something at my college, but they checked all research and any stats/findings that you had pretty intensively. Not to mention any questions during a presentation about results which you'd have to deal with.
Reply 4
Yeah i decided not to as its risky and not worth it , just did it properly and got all my primary research - got like 50 answers too which is great

Original post by Castrovalva
Your results would probably be skewed, and not exactly correlate with previous findings on the topic by others - also, maybe this is just something at my college, but they checked all research and any stats/findings that you had pretty intensively. Not to mention any questions during a presentation about results which you'd have to deal with.
I'm glad it went well in the end! I think you did the right thing and it's always great when that pays off haha :smile:
Reply 6
i would not recommend doing that
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending