The Student Room Group

Should I resit year 12

At the start of year 12 I chose to do biology chemistry and economics A level which I now regret because I'm not interested in studying a science at uni and I'm failing those A levels particularly chemistry where I got a E then resat the paper and got s U. I'm not sure whether to stay in for another year and try harder with these subjects or resit year 12 and study history and geography and something else which are subjects I'm more interested in and I'm better at as I got a 9 in my history GCSE and got an A* in my EPQ which was to do with history and IR. Just wanted to know what is the best course of action if I want to study a humanities such as PPE or history at uni
Reply 1
I think you need to find some sort of direction in your life rather than change course and hope for the best. To me you have a few options:
- You give yourself a kick up the bum and knuckle down on your current subjects with a view of getting half decent grades
- You switch to something else but in reality are likely to be equally unmotivated. The fact that you are suggesting you might study geography or history or something suggests you are clutching at straws.
- You get out of education, give yourself a break and get a job and a bit of life experience.

However, whatever you do do, don't jump from your current pathway until the alternative is secured.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest