The Student Room Group

What UCAT score is good or bad?

Hi there! I'm currently using a UCAT question bank to practice. After attempting about 20 questions, I used UCAT score calculator website to calculate my score, which came out to be 2750. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad UCAT score. Could you please provide some tips and recommend helpful resources to achieve a good UCAT score?
Original post by Warsha01
Hi there! I'm currently using a UCAT question bank to practice. After attempting about 20 questions, I used UCAT score calculator website to calculate my score, which came out to be 2750. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad UCAT score. Could you please provide some tips and recommend helpful resources to achieve a good UCAT score?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7328835

Are you doing it this year? In which case I would hope you have been able to do more than 20 questions to practice.

If this is a more general, at some point in the future, or even, just next year, it is far too early to be doing this. You need to be starting 2-3 months in advance. No earlier. There is good evidence that people get “burn out” and their score drops if they do more. When you do get to it, then an online resource such as Medify is very much worth the financial cost.

If you are looking to next year, get yourself a year 7 maths book and practice your mental maths and practice speed reading and comprehension skills. That will stand you in better stead than starting UCAT prep now.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by George&Mary44!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7328835

Are you doing it this year? In which case I would hope you have been able to do more than 20 questions to practice.

If this is a more general, at some point in the future, or even, just next year, it is far too early to be doing this. You need to be starting 2-3 months in advance. No earlier. There is good evidence that people get “burn out” and their score drops if they do more. When you do get to it, then an online resource such as Medify is very much worth the financial cost.

If you are looking to next year, get yourself a year 7 maths book and practice your mental maths and practice speed reading and comprehension skills. That will stand you in better stead than starting UCAT prep now.

thanks for your suggestion. Provide me some tips how do I boost my score?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Warsha01
thanks for your suggestion. Provide me some tips how do I boost my score?

Read the link posted above
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending