The Student Room Group

Failed my driving test- feel terrible

As the title suggests I sat my driving test for the first time today and I failed. I actually am raging and gutted. It was all over the one thing as well as I was turning to a one way street and I stopped at the junction on the wrong side. I was supposed to be right and I was left.

I was literally getting so lucky as well because there was a traffic jam due to roadworks which kept us all held up for ages so literally half the test I was just sitting in traffic. I know everyone feels the same when they fail but I just feel honestly terrible, I’ve been crying over it too cause I feel so disappointed in myself.

It was my first test as well. I was seriously super nervous in my lesson beforehand, I was calm then I kept making mistakes and then that’s when the nerves hit. Standing in the test centre and all I could think about was how nervous I was. Thing is I don’t even think I failed due to nerves it was just the one daft thing i blooming forgot.

If anyone else has similar experiences please share them cause honestly I’m gutted 😂. I’ll get over it but might take a bit lol.
Reply 1
It would take time to get over it, but you can learn over your mistakes. Second time you'd know what to do if they take the same route next time. I passed first time 😌.

Have you booked again for your practical test?
Reply 2
Original post by Faultybot
It would take time to get over it, but you can learn over your mistakes. Second time you'd know what to do if they take the same route next time. I passed first time 😌.

Have you booked again for your practical test?

Hi yeah I’ve booked my next test for January. I think the biggest thing is knowing it was over something stupid and could’ve been so easily avoided. Which I suppose makes me feel better but not at the same time.
Reply 3
Most people fail the first time. It's OK.
Reply 4
Just get some practice in with your instructor on what routes they may take, I wish all the best.
Reply 5
Like you already said, you will get over it.

Well for me i passed the theory test with ease,

As for the road-test i was humbled , i was nervous and my foot kept shaking so i couldnt control the clutch quite well

And i made a lot of mistakes, i literally ran through a red robot light, and i failed

But i eventually got take the test again and this time i passed and got my license. Best day of my life.

My advice is to relax and not overthink things. You have so many tries. Goodluck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending