The Student Room Group

OCR NEA

Hi guys. For those who are studying or have studied A Level compsci, do you think an email app can get me an a*, which is 63/70 from this year?
Reply 1
Hey, I've just finished my A levels and I got an A* in my project and by no means was my project extremely impressive or really complicated. I'd say most of it comes down to the documentation part and how well you can follow the mark scheme points (I can link the mark scheme if needed).
This includes justifying and explaining why you made your email app the way it is and why it was beneficial to make it a certain way.

Honestly, my best advice is to just make sure you cover every point on the mark scheme with sufficient detail because that's what examiners refer to and if you're looking for a higher gradeS, JUSTIFICATION IS NECESSARY to achieve that. In addition, have a look at the exemplars published by OCR and look at the high band and middle band exemplars and read the examiner's comments at the very bottom of the document because they explain what parts they did well in and what other parts they missed marks. I feel this is stating the obvious but don't copy the exemplars but look at how they structured their documentation and how they've ordered their headings etc also make sure you're formatting is neat because it'll make the marker happy.
Hope you found this useful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending