The Student Room Group

Am I allowed to resit just one AS level subject?

I just finished taking my AS level exams in November and have progressed to A2 level whilst waiting for my results that will come out in January next year (2024). I have doubts that I might not do well in my AS level Biology. If that turns out to be true, is it possible for me to just resit Biology AS level for that one subject whilst still progressing in A2? Or must I resit for all the other subjects that I took in AS? Is it also possible to resit AS while also taking A2 in the same exam season (May/June)?
Reply 1
As far as the examiners are concerned you are free to do whatever you like.

Your school can advise on whether they have any rules around progression to A2 study.
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
As far as the examiners are concerned you are free to do whatever you like.

Your school can advise on whether they have any rules around progression to A2 study.

Thanks so much!! I will clarify that with my school and hopefully there isn't an issue with resitting.
Original post by s.leanne
I just finished taking my AS level exams in November and have progressed to A2 level whilst waiting for my results that will come out in January next year (2024). I have doubts that I might not do well in my AS level Biology. If that turns out to be true, is it possible for me to just resit Biology AS level for that one subject whilst still progressing in A2? Or must I resit for all the other subjects that I took in AS? Is it also possible to resit AS while also taking A2 in the same exam season (May/June)?

You can resit an individual AS-Level at the same time as your other A-Levels or AS-Levels. I presume you're taking CAIE? 😧
Reply 4
Original post by thegeek888
You can resit an individual AS-Level at the same time as your other A-Levels or AS-Levels. I presume you're taking CAIE? 😧

Yep I'm doing CAIE!

Quick Reply

Latest