The Student Room Group

Worth getting a remark??

Is it worth getting a remark for A level Psychology if I was 10 marks off of a grade A? It would significantly increase my chances of getting into medicine but I'm not sure if it is reasonable. I though my psychology exams went quite well and was surprised that I did not get an A/A* since I had been consistently getting A*s all year
Hello, thanks for your query.

So first thing is that "remarks" are actually called a review of marking. It's a check that exam boards do to make sure the exam board has followed the correct processes and calculated your grade correctly. It's not where they will look at your answers and re-evaluate them.

If you are close to the grade above in a subject, it may be worth getting a review of marking and you need to speak to your school about this. If you are close to the grade below, getting a review of marking can be risky because there is a small chance that your marks can be lowered.

Most grades will stay the same, some go up and a small amount may go down. The first thing that you need to do is talk about this to your school.

As you are planning to go to university you will have to get a priority review, so you can get an outcome back to universities soon (probably before 6th September, but may vary).

Quick Reply

Latest