The Student Room Group

Taking a year out of uni after second year

So I just finished second year at lse studying accounting and I haven't really been successful in securing any internships/joining any societies, basically anything that will make me employable I haven't done the only thing i have been doing is taking my uni exams.

I was wondering if you guys think it is worth considering taking a year out and use it to apply to internships/take courses/ do activities to work on my employability skills. Is this something that is possible to do, I haven't heard or seen anyone do this before.
(edited 8 months ago)
@mozo2341

I think you should finish your degree.

You are nearly there and though of course it's nice to have something to talk about in an interview when it comes to other interests and skills that you have shown in your hobbies/volunteer work, it's not worth taking a year out!

If you can find something in third year to do that will not take up too much of your time, then go for it(!) but not at the expense of your studies.

After your degree you have time to pursue different things over the summer/ while you are looking for work.

It's better to know that you are done with your studies and can relax rather than thinking about the final year.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending