The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick CS satisfaction rate... what the hell

39%?! I thought it was amongst the best
Original post by cheinsow
39%?! I thought it was amongst the best

What's the source of that figure? The Uni Guide has it at 50% (source), but that's from the 2022 survey.

When you say you "thought it was amongst the best", are saying you thought it was amongst the best for student satisfaction? Or by some other measure? Reputation? Graduate salaries? Percentage of 2:1 and above? League table ranking?

I wonder what's going wrong there?!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by DataVenia
What's the source of that figure? The Uni Guide has it at 50% (source), but that's from the 2022 survey.

When you say you "thought it was amongst the best", are saying you thought it was amongst the best for student satisfaction? Or by some other measure? Reputation? Graduate salaries? Percentage of 2:1 and above? League table ranking?

I wonder what's going wrong there?!

https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10007163/U-G500/FullTime/

Got it from the discoveruni website. By amongst the best I just thought it had some of the best teaching, which it probably does but the satisfaction rate is quite abysmal
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by cheinsow
https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10007163/U-G500/FullTime/

Got it from the discoveruni website. By amongst the best I just thought it had some of the best teaching, which it probably does but the satisfaction rate is quite abysmal

Thanks. If you expand the "National Student Survey results" section of your source, to see the result of the other 26 questions on that same survey, there's little evidence of "the best teaching":

Warwick - Computer Science - NSS Survey - The teaching on my course.PNG

DiscoverUni provide a possible explanation (which would potentially apply to other unis too):

"The NSS data on Discover Uni is from the 2022 survey only. This survey was carried out during the period 6 January to 30 April 2022, but the final year students surveyed will have had much of their time at university affected by lockdowns and other restrictions on student life due to the Covid-19 pandemic." (source)

Quick Reply

Latest