The Student Room Group

Two year gap in nursing

Hello everyone. I had some trauma two years ago on placement and I have been on intermission. I just went back to placement but my PTSD took over and everyone can see my distraction and pretending that everything is ok. I'm now waiting for CBT which should help, and only just now I've realised about my problems and trying to deal with them. I finished year 1 without any problems, year two was difficult and my problems started with some nurses on placement and I lost my confidence resulting in PTSD. I don't know if there is any way of finishing my degree not loosing 3 modules I've completed already??
Olivia
Reply 1
I would like to say congratulations on finishing the first year. I know it's not easy and placement can also be exhausting but please I would like to advise you that you should try and put everything that has happened behind you and look ahead to the rewards waiting for you. You will graduate to be an amazing nurse and you will also use your story to inspire others. Take a step at a time and possibly reward yourself after each assignment reward. I believe that you can do it. All the best Olivia. Hugs💐💐💐

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending