The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Official University of Leeds Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ddddd889
are you a home student or int?? What were your A levels and grades, if you don't mind
Home student, predicted grade A*AB and A in EPQ offer AAB
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dixie04
My daughter who is travelling on a gap year right now received an email yesterday saying she hasn't got a place for Economics in Sept. There was no reason. She applied last year and had a conditional offer of AAB. She has A*A*A now. Maths, Economics, History. Can anyone think of a reason for the decision? And advice as to finding out why. She's gutted! Thanks in advance

please do email them ( or ring if there is that option)
directly, as no one on here will know and it does sound like something which should be pursued to have an explanation, at least
there could be a simple explanation eg., first attempt equivalent grades prioritised over resits if that is what she did?
do hope your daughter gets good news
Original post by Anonymous #14
Home student, predicted grade A*AB and A in EPQ offer AAB

when did you send in your application ? congrats btw !
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by AChristou_
when did you send in your application ? congrats btw !

Thank you so much. Application was sent early December, fingers crossed for you.
was wondering if anyone had an email from leeds uni and not just a ucas track/congratulations email? igot in for psych but my offer is a bit weird as i don’t take one of the subjects so am nervous about thisbeing a mistaken identity thing. i don’t have an email from leeds itself, just ucas
Original post by student987637
Does anyone know - anecdotally - whether Leeds tends to dip on results day? Ie. if the offer is BBB and you were to get BBC would they take you? Would they take into account whether they are the firm/insurance choice? Home, non-contextual applicant

I asked this at the open day and was told no (could have been course specific tho - this was business)…they said if you needed AAA and got A*AB then you’d most likely be ok; but not AAB 🥲
Original post by Anonymous #15
was wondering if anyone had an email from leeds uni and not just a ucas track/congratulations email? igot in for psych but my offer is a bit weird as i don’t take one of the subjects so am nervous about thisbeing a mistaken identity thing. i don’t have an email from leeds itself, just ucas
Congratulations! I got an email from Leeds but came through two weeks later than the UCAS one so don’t stress! It might be a little delayed getting through to you but, if you’ve got questions about the offer/subject, I’d say email Leeds admission team!
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students considering applying to @University of Leeds! You can chat with other applicants, and see if you can find someone who could be applying to the same course as you <3! Also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and why you want to apply to this uni!! :smile:

im studying psychology, eng lit + lang, and criminology! ive firmed leeds to study psychology:smile:
Heya! I'm taking Geography, German and Environmental Science for my A-levels and have applied for Environmental Science ☺️. Anyone applied for accommodation yet?
Hi, law applicants & offer holders,
I made a form for us to enter all law decisions across universities this year (2023-2024)

Here's the link:https://forms.gle/BFRACrPsm4zE9KJh9
Link to responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cAJyHUxO8UxjUn3e7uDVq2DMN1ZV8Rih5kNAmCtlZdo/edit?usp=sharing

Please do make the time to fill out the form to help those who are still waiting and those who will be applying next year.
Good luck with your upcoming exams!
Original post by charlesdarwin04
english literature and creative writing anyone?

i’ve firmed for english and classical civ!
hi, I am an international student applying for economics at Leeds
i applied back in september and I've gotten offers from more competitive unis but I still haven't heard back from leeds, is anyone the same? it is really annoying, i am considering to withdraw
Original post by milcahutuma
im studying psychology, eng lit + lang, and criminology! ive firmed leeds to study psychology:smile:

what’s ur ig? 🩷
Anyone for Data Science BSc?
Reply 154
Has everyone applied for their accommodation already? I received an offer from Leeds a month ago but Im still not sure whether to firm Leeds or Nottingham. I have heard that there is only a few accommodations left to apply for and its slightly putting me off firming Leeds. Does anyone know if this is true?
Original post by dom05
Has everyone applied for their accommodation already? I received an offer from Leeds a month ago but Im still not sure whether to firm Leeds or Nottingham. I have heard that there is only a few accommodations left to apply for and its slightly putting me off firming Leeds. Does anyone know if this is true?

accom isn’t first come first served at leeds so don’t worry x
Reply 156
Original post by dorothygrace06
accom isn’t first come first served at leeds so don’t worry x
oh right thank you for letting me know, I've just seen on another thread that there is only 4 choices of accommodation left as all the other ones were oversubscribed so wasn't too sure x
Original post by dom05
oh right thank you for letting me know, I've just seen on another thread that there is only 4 choices of accommodation left as all the other ones were oversubscribed so wasn't too sure x

some are oversubscribed but every first year is guaranteed accom of some kind even if it isn’t the one you apply for x
Original post by dorothygrace06
some are oversubscribed but every first year is guaranteed accom of some kind even if it isn’t the one you apply for x

Would you recommend to look for private accommodation if I don’t get the one I’m looking for?
Apparently you wouldnt get the same first year experience so I’m not quite sure what to think
Original post by Anonymous
Would you recommend to look for private accommodation if I don’t get the one I’m looking for?
Apparently you wouldnt get the same first year experience so I’m not quite sure what to think

private is usually a scam imo. super pricey and mostly international students that keep to their own groups. they are mostly managed better, but some management are ghosts and/or douchey so it’s luck of the draw. go for uni accom but if there are no options left then private is a good backup in case u rly hate what accom u are allocated

Quick Reply

Latest