The Student Room Group

help me consider a level options! (thoughts/advice)

soooo i just got my gcse results back today, and i'm incredibly happy!
i would love to study physics at uni - but i got a grade lower than i thought in both physics and maths. i did better in chem, which is another subject i enjoy - but never considered out of fear because i worked quite hard to get what i got in the subject, whereas physics and maths have generally come quite naturally for me?

i want to do 4 a levels, including maths physics and design tech - however its the fourth i'm struggling to choose. my physics teacher said to consider doing chemistry a level if i enjoyed it, and go down a natsci (or phys route but study some fm modules at home) - however my maths teacher naturally said do further maths.

at the end of the day, i'm kinda annoyed that i didnt get the grade in maths/phys, but i did incredibly well (a few marks out , but not close enough for a remark) but is chemistry something i should consider taking forward? would anyone recommend or share their thoughts on chem or fm at a level?

for ref, i got an 8 in maths and physics
and a 9 in chem (i genuinely dunno how LOL)
Reply 1
Original post by m5rrri
soooo i just got my gcse results back today, and i'm incredibly happy!
i would love to study physics at uni - but i got a grade lower than i thought in both physics and maths. i did better in chem, which is another subject i enjoy - but never considered out of fear because i worked quite hard to get what i got in the subject, whereas physics and maths have generally come quite naturally for me?

i want to do 4 a levels, including maths physics and design tech - however its the fourth i'm struggling to choose. my physics teacher said to consider doing chemistry a level if i enjoyed it, and go down a natsci (or phys route but study some fm modules at home) - however my maths teacher naturally said do further maths.

at the end of the day, i'm kinda annoyed that i didnt get the grade in maths/phys, but i did incredibly well (a few marks out , but not close enough for a remark) but is chemistry something i should consider taking forward? would anyone recommend or share their thoughts on chem or fm at a level?

for ref, i got an 8 in maths and physics
and a 9 in chem (i genuinely dunno how LOL)

hi - rememeber that not all your gcses reflect how good you are at the subject, some tests may have been harder for you than others etc, the subjects you're taking are all good options especially as you have decided design tech as well rather than going down the all hard stressful four subjects route. don't worry about the grades if you like a subject you're probably good at it and many people perform a lot better in certain subjects at a-level than gcses. i think chem, phys,dt and maths is a good option for you, but i don't advise further maths as well if you're decided on a stem future. at the end of the day remeber you can always change your options later on so don't stress too much.

Quick Reply

Latest