The Student Room Group

How do you pass math GSCE??

I didn't pass math GSCE twice, in high school. I really want to pass and get it out of the way for college.

Any Advice would be helpful??
Reply 1
Original post by thandobara
I didn't pass math GSCE twice, in high school. I really want to pass and get it out of the way for college.

Maybe try these - passport 2 and 3.

https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports

As a person that is not naturally good at maths , i can relate. When i was in y10, I got a 2 in my exam.Then came the mocks and i got a 5.I cried the whole night( it was not great).I realised later after studying what I did wrong was that I was not understanding the fundamentals and what i need to do is to isolate what topics I sucked at.I did practice questions and then I moved on to past papers 5 months before the exam.I will do these a lot , redoing all the questions I got wrong until i got every single step correct.It was a time consuming method that cost me time for other subjects but i ended up with A* so i can't be too mad at it.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Omg thats amazing congrats! I’m y10 got a grade 4 on my mock but was averaging -2 now starting y11with a -4 pls im dreading y11
Reply 4

thank you i will definitely check those out.
Reply 5
thank you i will definitely check those out.

If you are doing Edexcel I can link another good website.
Original post by Viyanbh
Omg thats amazing congrats! I’m y10 got a grade 4 on my mock but was averaging -2 now starting y11with a -4 pls im dreading y11

Don’t dread y11, IGCSE is not that important in the grand scheme of things.Just work on maths more and you’ll do fine !
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
If you are doing Edexcel I can link another good website.

Sadly, I'm not doing Edexcel but I'm doing WJEC exam board.

Quick Reply

Latest