The Student Room Group

Revision tips?

I'm a Y10 who is stressed out about failing GSCEs, I want to pass and need a 7 in Maths, any tips?
Reply 1
Original post by Ozymandias007
I'm a Y10 who is stressed out about failing GSCEs, I want to pass and need a 7 in Maths, any tips?

Hey! I think that making sure you are good at all the topics as you do them in school is really key. Do you have topic tests? Cause if so that is great for revision! And then making sure you are doing lots of past paper questions. I did them for each topic test and then when I came back to revising everything it was much easier. I also made flashcards of all the questions that keep coming up in the subjects (e.g. for biology it was how you breathe, why does a runner train at higher altitudes in preparation for their races, how to fungi get food, etc.) Just make sure that you stay on top of the topics because then when it comes to Year 11 it will be much easier. For maths just do the same thing. Make sure you are solid with all the topics and absolutely tooooons of questions! I find physicsandmathstutor really good cause they have tons of subjects and papers and all sorts! Savemyexams is also great but you have to pay for some of the resources, but they still have loads of free ones. Drfrostmaths is great for maths questions, as well as MrCarterMaths and MadasMaths (my teacher said madasmaths is the best!) But don't stress too much about them now cause you've still got a good amount of time! Just do a little bit of work frequently and you will be absolutely fine!
Reply 2
Could i ask what subjects you're doing and what exam board?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending