The Student Room Group

Failed maths 3 times, i need help

I failed in year 11, i failed twice in year 12 and i am into my last year of sixth form trying to pass again, my sixth form team aren't helping by putting me into a revision group in which i sat in last year and it didn't help me one bit.
Presumably this is maths GCSE you are talking about? If so, are you doing foundation or higher tier?

What things are you finding difficult in the exams? Have you asked for targeted support for those topics and/or spent specific targeted time on those?
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Presumably this is maths GCSE you are talking about? If so, are you doing foundation or higher tier?

What things are you finding difficult in the exams? Have you asked for targeted support for those topics and/or spent specific targeted time on those?

yes this is GSCE, foundation. It all just confuses me a bit (a lot). I have never been good at maths, it is my least favourite subject and i struggles massively in it.
Original post by lici.heath
yes this is GSCE, foundation. It all just confuses me a bit (a lot). I have never been good at maths, it is my least favourite subject and i struggles massively in it.

Well the first step is to identify the specific areas you do worse in than others and work on improving those. Although it's perhaps easy to say "it's all difficult" this makes it almost impossible to improve. There will invariably be some parts you can manage better than others - finding out which you can't is the first step to improving those. I would suggest making a list of specific topics and questions you've struggled on from past papers etc, writing them down, and asking one of your maths teachers if you can sit down with them and get some recommendations on how to improve in those particular areas.
Reply 4
It should be possible to snick a pass even if it’s not your thing, and after that it doesn’t really matter. Maybe ask if the Special Education Needs coordinator can arrange some one on one tuition for you. Or if you can afford it it would be a reasonable investment to get a private tuition. The right person could surely help with grasping the main concepts and exam technique to get a pass. Keep the faith
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger

i struggle with graphs.

Quick Reply

Latest