The Student Room Group

CPR

I need some help understanding CPR

I am in my second year of a three year degree. I am struggling with my mental health and this is impacting my ability to attend university. I do not know when I will be able to return to university and want to apply CPR for this academic year so that I can focus on my wellbeing.

Do I put my CPR request forward now before I withdraw or after I withdraw? Or do I request for CPR when I next put in a request for tuition fees (which could be 2025 - onwards)?

As I have technically used two years of funding, if one year is classed as a CPR year, will I be able to get 3 years funding for a new course, should I choose not to return to this degree?

How much will I owe if I take a CPR year? Does it depend on when you last attended or the date you withdrew? My last date of attendance will be in term one, but I am unsure if I will have this sorted before year two commences.
Hi Bumble18,

You would only require 1 year of CPR evidence if you are to attend a new course in future as one one year you have attended will affect your Tuition Fee Loan. You can provide the evidence now if it is available to you however, it will only be fully processed once you have made your new application, so it is your decision when you upload this.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Bumble18,

You would only require 1 year of CPR evidence if you are to attend a new course in future as one one year you have attended will affect your Tuition Fee Loan. You can provide the evidence now if it is available to you however, it will only be fully processed once you have made your new application, so it is your decision when you upload this.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

So if I I am approved for one year CPR, will It be classed that I have used one year of funding (as I completed first year)?

How much will I owe for this academic year? Do I pay this back immediately?

Do I need to withdraw or suspend?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Bumble18
So if I I am approved for one year CPR, will It be classed that I have used one year of funding (as I completed first year)?

How much will I owe for this academic year? Do I pay this back immediately?

Do I need to withdraw or suspend?

Hi there,

Yes, that's correct. You would need to contact our repayments team for a balance on 0300 100 0611. You would need to discuss with the university whether you're withdrawing or suspending. Once agreed, they send us a change of circumstances to confirm this, and we will update your application accordingly. We will work out what you should have been paid for the length of time you attended and this will be repaid once you're earning over the threshold. Anything that is classed as overpayment, would be repaid immediately.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending