The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

What questions can I expect at my interview for education?

What questions can I expect at my interview for education?
Reply 1
Hello, sorry I have no help but I've also applied for education, can I please just ask how long it took you to hear back from them?. Thank you :smile:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JessA1988
Hello, sorry I have no help but I've also applied for education, can I please just ask how long it took you to hear back from them?. Thank you :smile:

Heyy, I sent my UCAS in the end of October and I got a reply back from BCU for an interview on December 12th! I have my interview tomorrow if you would like I could let you know what they asked?
Reply 3
Original post by grlxnx
Heyy, I sent my UCAS in the end of October and I got a reply back from BCU for an interview on December 12th! I have my interview tomorrow if you would like I could let you know what they asked?

That would be great thank you 😊 good luck with your interview 🤞🏻

Update - I've just received an offer to do Education studies, I'm guessing you are teaching if you have an interview?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 4

Update - I've just received an offer to do Education studies, I'm guessing you are teaching if you have an interview?

Yess I'm doing primary teaching !!
Original post by grlxnx
Yess I'm doing primary teaching !!

Hi @grlxnx

Although my interview for BCU wasn't for teaching, I'm sure I can give you some advice!

Firstly, have a read over the course page on the BCU website, get familiar with the subject/course. This doesn't need to be memorised! They're not testing you in the interview, but it would be good to know a bit about the course.

Some general questions that might come up are:
Why do you want to study teaching?
Why do you want to study at BCU?
What interests you about the subject?
Is there anything you want to achieve/find out/develop while at university?
Tell us about what you're currently studying?

These are just a few examples, and the interview isn't meant to trip you up, or test you. It's more of a conversation between you and the uni, so you can both get to know more about each other.
You could also have a re-read of your personal statement as you may get asked about this, and the things you included.

Remember to have a few questions prepared to ask yourself, wear something that makes you comfortable but presentable, and try your best to take the pressure off the interview as best as you can.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂
Reply 6
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @grlxnx

Although my interview for BCU wasn't for teaching, I'm sure I can give you some advice!

Firstly, have a read over the course page on the BCU website, get familiar with the subject/course. This doesn't need to be memorised! They're not testing you in the interview, but it would be good to know a bit about the course.

Some general questions that might come up are:
Why do you want to study teaching?
Why do you want to study at BCU?
What interests you about the subject?
Is there anything you want to achieve/find out/develop while at university?
Tell us about what you're currently studying?

These are just a few examples, and the interview isn't meant to trip you up, or test you. It's more of a conversation between you and the uni, so you can both get to know more about each other.
You could also have a re-read of your personal statement as you may get asked about this, and the things you included.

Remember to have a few questions prepared to ask yourself, wear something that makes you comfortable but presentable, and try your best to take the pressure off the interview as best as you can.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Hi Emily 🙂 ,

Thank you so much for advice and they asked questions just like this and it was exactly like what you said about it being more like a conversation! I felt so relaxed and less nervous.
Reply 7

Heyy, sorry for the late reply back but the sweet lady interviewing me asked the genral questions such as:

why I wanted to study at BCU

what qualities that I have that will make me a great teacher.

How I would face challenging situations.

What problems are currently happening in the teaching section ( in primary) that needs more attention. Etc.

From how I felt, I think it went very well just waiting now!
Original post by grlxnx
Hi Emily 🙂 ,

Thank you so much for advice and they asked questions just like this and it was exactly like what you said about it being more like a conversation! I felt so relaxed and less nervous.

Hi @grlxnx

No worries, I'm glad it went well!

Hopefully you'll hear back soon - best of luck!

Emily 🙂
Reply 9
Original post by grlxnx
Heyy, sorry for the late reply back but the sweet lady interviewing me asked the genral questions such as:

why I wanted to study at BCU

what qualities that I have that will make me a great teacher.

How I would face challenging situations.

What problems are currently happening in the teaching section ( in primary) that needs more attention. Etc.

From how I felt, I think it went very well just waiting now!

Ah well done, 🤞🏻 you receive an offer soon!
Reply 10
Ah well done, 🤞🏻 you receive an offer soon!

Thank youuuu !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending