The Student Room Group

Help me apply to economics!

So my plan since y10 has been to do medicine but now I have changed my mind, which is inconvenient as I am about to start y13 and do uni applications. I’m thinking something like economics or finance and accounting so a lot of things I have done for my application are now quite irrelevant. Does this stop me from getting offers for high-ranked courses and is there anything I can do to strengthen my application for economics/finance?
Original post by iza12
So my plan since y10 has been to do medicine but now I have changed my mind, which is inconvenient as I am about to start y13 and do uni applications. I’m thinking something like economics or finance and accounting so a lot of things I have done for my application are now quite irrelevant. Does this stop me from getting offers for high-ranked courses and is there anything I can do to strengthen my application for economics/finance?

You need to start with your A-level subjects and predicted grades.
Reply 2
My A levels are maths, biology, french and chemistry and in my AS got AAAB respectively.
Original post by iza12
My A levels are maths, biology, french and chemistry and in my AS got AAAB respectively.

Just do wider reading etc, and you're fine.

Would recommend you avoid applying to LSE/Cambridge/Warwick/UCL for single subject economics without FM.
^ This.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
Just do wider reading etc, and you're fine.

Would recommend you avoid applying to LSE/Cambridge/Warwick/UCL for single subject economics without FM.

Ok, thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending