The Student Room Group

I wanted A Level Biology

I wanted A Level Biology really badly. It's the only entertaining subject to me along with Chemistry.

But at GCSE I got 6 in Biology and a 5 in Chemistry. My sixth form needed me to get atleast two 6's in Sciences be able to get each. But I didn't. So I had to change them and I'm not able to resit Chemistry to bump my grade up.

I really want Biology at university as well, so the A Level was a necessity. Does anyone have any advice or any possibility I could do since I really wanted to do Science
Why are you unable to resit chem?
I you need to learn physics then let me know I am expert in physics. I may help you.
Original post by Subarashi
I wanted A Level Biology really badly. It's the only entertaining subject to me along with Chemistry.

But at GCSE I got 6 in Biology and a 5 in Chemistry. My sixth form needed me to get atleast two 6's in Sciences be able to get each. But I didn't. So I had to change them and I'm not able to resit Chemistry to bump my grade up.

I really want Biology at university as well, so the A Level was a necessity. Does anyone have any advice or any possibility I could do since I really wanted to do Science
Reply 3
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Why are you unable to resit chem?

I asked the sixth form and they said no, without any reasoning. I just sent off an email to my Secondary School to see if I could do it with them or if I could pay to sit it privately.
Original post by Subarashi
I asked the sixth form and they said no, without any reasoning. I just sent off an email to my Secondary School to see if I could do it with them or if I could pay to sit it privately.

You do realise you don’t need A level chemistry to apply for a biology degree, right? I believe a lot of unis ask for biology and then one from chemistry, maths, physics, life and health sciences and so on. So if you’re taking one of these others for A level then you can forget chemistry. Of course, if you’re not taking any of these others and chemistry is the only other science you’re taking then you need to either retake chemistry somehow or find a school which will accept you with a 5.
(edited 8 months ago)
go to a different sixth form then!
and just ask them to let you in with your 5 in chemistry. idk why theyre being so fussy ffs
Reply 6
Original post by anonymoussse
go to a different sixth form then!
and just ask them to let you in with your 5 in chemistry. idk why theyre being so fussy ffs

I know right. 1 grade is ruining my future
Reply 7
UPDATE: I'm currently in talks with another college

Quick Reply

Latest