The Student Room Group

am I a contextual applicant or not (med)

hi I want to do medicine for this cycle 2024 entry. just wondering if im contextual or not as my household income recently became under 30/40k so idk if this will be taken into account anywhere for uni thanks
Original post by ag06
hi I want to do medicine for this cycle 2024 entry. just wondering if im contextual or not as my household income recently became under 30/40k so idk if this will be taken into account anywhere for uni thanks

no, that would not count as contextual, unless you are eligible for ucat bursary. to be eligible for ucat bursary you need to be in receipt of means tested benefits/receive 16-19 bursary fund/free school meals. leeds, for example, consider it contextual if your household income is below £25k.
Reply 2
Original post by reubenn05
no, that would not count as contextual, unless you are eligible for ucat bursary. to be eligible for ucat bursary you need to be in receipt of means tested benefits/receive 16-19 bursary fund/free school meals. leeds, for example, consider it contextual if your household income is below £25k.

Ok thank you so much!!
Reply 3
Original post by ag06

I dont think so.

A lot have different contextual markers so would need to check them all, but I would be surprised. The more common ones are the ones already mentioned, but other things that sometimes count are whether you went to a state or aspiring school, whether you are the first in your family to go to uni, or if you live in Polar quintile 1 /2 etc.

If any of those might apply its worth checking the contextual requirements. For example Birmingham and Bristol will give you contextual benefit if you went to a particular school (normally state schools) so check thier lists.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending