The Student Room Group

contextual offers

i just got my results and i got AAB with the B being in biology, absolutely gutted i was predicted an A* and only 5 marks off an A. anyways i’m a contextual applicant so most unis will reduce my offer to AAB but 1, r there many unis that need both the As to be in chem AND bio? and 2, if another contextual applicant who is predicted/ achieved A*AA for example, would i be at a disadvantage or does it not matter the grade as technically we both would meet the requirements? i’m a bit stressed out especially as i got 4/4 rejections last year(bad ucat score lmao). can anyone advise/ reassure me please! also anyone with success stories of getting into med with AAB?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by meryamf
i just got my results and i got AAB with the B being in biology, absolutely gutted i was predicted an A* and only 5 marks off an A. anyways i’m a contextual applicant so most unis will reduce my offer to AAB but 1, r there many unis that need both the As to be in chem AND bio? and 2, if another contextual applicant who is predicted/ achieved A*AA for example, would i be at a disadvantage or does it not matter the grade as technically we both would meet the requirements? i’m a bit stressed out especially as i got 4/4 rejections last year(bad ucat score lmao). can anyone advise/ reassure me please! also anyone with success stories of getting into med with AAB?

5 Marks of an A in biology, u should appeal it have it remarked
Original post by meryamf

1. not many
2. it doesn't matter, unless that university score a levels. the only english med schools that score predicted a levels are exeter and barts.
Reply 3
Original post by reubenn05
1. not many
2. it doesn't matter, unless that university score a levels. the only english med schools that score predicted a levels are exeter and barts.

thank u!!! this is very reassuring :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending