The Student Room Group

Can I skip a year of sixform or college?

I was born 2nd of september (day after the cutoff point)

I'll be 16 nearly 17 when I finish year 11, 17 when I start my 1st year, and 18 when I start my 2nd year of sixth form or college.

Due to this, will I be able to skip a year and go straight to university or will I have to complete the 2nd year?
Original post by Sherlock_Holmes4
I was born 2nd of september (day after the cutoff point)

I'll be 16 nearly 17 when I finish year 11, 17 when I start my 1st year, and 18 when I start my 2nd year of sixth form or college.

Due to this, will I be able to skip a year and go straight to university or will I have to complete the 2nd year?

The age thing isn't so much an issue as the time available to study. Is your plan to study three A levels in just one year, even though the vast majority of students take two years?

In fact, if we write-off the last term (because it's all revision and exams), is your plan to learn in two terms what most students learn in five? Why would you try to achieve this? What's the hurry?

There are thousands of other students with birthdays on 1st or 2nd September who don't attempt to skip a year. Is your school or college that bad that you don't think you could face the full two years there?
Original post by DataVenia
The age thing isn't so much an issue as the time available to study. Is your plan to study three A levels in just one year, even though the vast majority of students take two years?

In fact, if we write-off the last term (because it's all revision and exams), is your plan to learn in two terms what most students learn in five? Why would you try to achieve this? What's the hurry?

There are thousands of other students with birthdays on 1st or 2nd September who don't attempt to skip a year. Is your school or college that bad that you don't think you could face the full two years there?

Tbh I was mainly curious whether it was possible or not lmao but ty for replying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending