The Student Room Group

writing techniques

Could you please provide me with details in how to write a well structured essay. Give me examples in what to write in a hook and thesis statements
Reply 1
Break down the word count into sub-sections.
Introduction + conclusion + 2-4 main body sections. the bulk of the word count goes to the main body.
MAin body sections should flow in the right order to help your argument build.
Intro sets out the subject & approach, conclusions rounds everything off & restates main argument.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by jouri
Could you please provide me with details in how to write a well structured essay. Give me examples in what to write in a hook and thesis statements

A hook is meant to grab the reader's attention and set the tone for your essay. Consider using a thought-provoking question, a compelling quote, or a surprising fact. your thesis statement should be clear, concise, and provide a roadmap for the reader. If you find yourself pressed for time or seeking more personalized guidance, I'd be more than happy to assist you in crafting a well-structured essay. Feel free to share more details about your assignment or any specific areas you'd like assistance with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending