The Student Room Group

Has/Will a deck of cards problem come up in the ENGAA/PAT?

Just asking since I cant for the life of me be bothered to remember the values of how many of each card
Original post by Anonymous
Just asking since I cant for the life of me be bothered to remember the values of how many of each card

Assuming you mean based on a standard 52 playing card deck, you can't be bothered to remember there are 4 suits and thus 4 of each card value?

Also presumably if there were such a question they would not assume their very diverse set of applicants from across the globe would necessarily know this and would provide the information on the composition of the deck of cards required to complete the problem anyway.
Original post by Anonymous

Original post by artful_lounger
Assuming you mean based on a standard 52 playing card deck, you can't be bothered to remember there are 4 suits and thus 4 of each card value?

Also presumably if there were such a question they would not assume their very diverse set of applicants from across the globe would necessarily know this and would provide the information on the composition of the deck of cards required to complete the problem anyway.

As a Maths teacher, I always avoided questions involving packs of cards since some people e.g. Muslims, aren't allowed to use cards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending