The Student Room Group

Is a bus pass valid ID for 16+

Im 16 can i use my 16+ bus pass as id in stores to buy energy drinks for example. It specifies on it older than 16. Is a store say tesco say no its invalid can they keep the pass or do they have to give it back

Im in England, Kent
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by JoshMay
Im 16 can i use my 16+ bus pass as id in stores to buy energy drinks for example. It specifies on it older than 16. Is a store say tesco say no its invalid can they keep the pass or do they have to give it back

Im in England, Kent

Unless it has a picture and date of birth no.. .
Reply 2
Your best bet is probably to apply for a provisional driving licence. (You can do this from the age of 15 years 9 months.)
They might/They might not, prob more chance of it being accepted for energy drinks than booze etc where it tends to be driving licence/passport only (I don't even know if they take student ID now)

If they don't accept a bus pass they will just say so, they won't take it from you - they would likely only have power to do that if it looked obv stolen or fake.
No, they don't accept bus pass as valid ID and please stop buying prime and red bull, it's terrible for you. Get into a reasonable sleep schedule and maybe you won't be so tired in the morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending