The Student Room Group

Re: What is the best choice for me.

Hi please please respond to this message because I have bad anxiety right now am I’m panicking. I went onto a bus today I was rushing for uni and I used my mums bus pass. As soon as I got on the bus the bus driver beeped it with no issues and I sat down normally but then 2 bus inspectors I’m not sure what they were but they came and asked everyone for their receipts and bus tickets or bus passes, they came to me and took a look at my bus pass and saw it isn’t me and confiscated it and fined me £50 along with sending the bus pass to the council. I’m not sure what to do now or what to hope for I’m really scared please someone let know and give me some advice
Did you mean to take and use your moms bus pass, or was it a mistake?

Have you told your mom yet? You may have to pay for a replacement bus pass for her, as well as the £50 fine. Don’t stress over it too much.
Original post by AnnaGlypta
Did you mean to take and use your moms bus pass, or was it a mistake?

Have you told your mom yet? You may have to pay for a replacement bus pass for her, as well as the £50 fine. Don’t stress over it too much.

The bus pass was her mobility bus pass, I didn’t intend to use it I got it mixed up with my uni bus pass I was in a rush thing morning and once I got onto the bus, the bus driver scanned it normally and let me on as normal however when the bus inspectors came and ask for it i then realised it was my mums I tried explaining it to them but they weren’t having it, I paid the £50 fine there and then but he confiscated the bus pass and said he’s handing it into the council. Do you think this will impact my mum in anyway because she wasn’t aware
Reply 3
Original post by shadi62836429
The bus pass was her mobility bus pass, I didn’t intend to use it I got it mixed up with my uni bus pass I was in a rush thing morning and once I got onto the bus, the bus driver scanned it normally and let me on as normal however when the bus inspectors came and ask for it i then realised it was my mums I tried explaining it to them but they weren’t having it, I paid the £50 fine there and then but he confiscated the bus pass and said he’s handing it into the council. Do you think this will impact my mum in anyway because she wasn’t aware

You mum will need to get hold of the bus company/council to trace where the bus pass is at now and then pick it up from where its at. Expensive mistake to make unfortunately. It shouldnt impact your mum, she should be able to get it back as it is hers. I imagine she will probably need to some ID as well to get it back to be on the safe side.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending