The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

student transport in sheffield

hey guys, i'm currently looking at different student passes in sheffield, does anyone know of any yearly transport passes? so far I can only find monthly/weekly stagecoach passes for unlimited rides on buses and/or trams
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys, i'm currently looking at different student passes in sheffield, does anyone know of any yearly transport passes? so far I can only find monthly/weekly stagecoach passes for unlimited rides on buses and/or trams

Hi!
These are not yearly passes, but are usually quite helpful. Normally, if you show your student ID card you can get a single on the bus for £1.20. You can also apply for a Zoom Beyond card if you are between the ages of 18-21. If you show this card each time you get the bus or tram then a single journey will be 80p for anywhere in South Yorkshire.
I hope this helps,
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry Student)
(edited 7 months ago)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi!
These are not yearly passes, but are usually quite helpful. Normally, if you show your student ID card you can get a single on the bus for £1.20. You can also apply for a Zoom Beyond card if you are between the ages of 18-21. If you show this card each time you get the bus or tram then a single journey will be 80p for anywhere in South Yorkshire.
I hope this helps,
Sofia (3rd Year Biochemistry Student)

Is the Zoom card available to uni students with proof of student accommodation address, even if the home address is usually outside of South Yorkshire?
Original post by Mini monster
Is the Zoom card available to uni students with proof of student accommodation address, even if the home address is usually outside of South Yorkshire?

Hi,

I was able to get a zoom card using my student accommodation address.

When you apply for one it will ask you for your address and then proof of age (ie, passport number or driving licence ...), living in Sheffield during term time is enough to be eligible for the pass (it states this on the website when you apply), as you would be able to provide a sheffield address. For me, my driving licence has my home address (not in South Yorkshire) but I was still able to get one.

So in short, yes the zoom card is available.

Lizzie (BSc Maths and Philosophy at University of Sheffield)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending