The Student Room Group

material sciences vs natural sciences

I do a-level maths, physics, and bio what would be better to do at uni material sciences or natural sciences coz i genuinely don't know what to pick
Original post by miya2905
I do a-level maths, physics, and bio what would be better to do at uni material sciences or natural sciences coz i genuinely don't know what to pick

Hi,

Are you interested in continuing with maths, physics and bio as separate subjects? Or are you more interested in studying one subject that combines areas of all three?
In a natural sciences degree you will have a bit more flexibility to study the areas of the subjects you're interested in most. However, if you've looked at the modules in material sciences courses and find that these are more interesting to you than those in the individual subjects I'd go with material sciences.

I study physics and environmental science as part of a natural sciences degree so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,

Are you interested in continuing with maths, physics and bio as separate subjects? Or are you more interested in studying one subject that combines areas of all three?
In a natural sciences degree you will have a bit more flexibility to study the areas of the subjects you're interested in most. However, if you've looked at the modules in material sciences courses and find that these are more interesting to you than those in the individual subjects I'd go with material sciences.

I study physics and environmental science as part of a natural sciences degree so feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Hope this helps,
Becky (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Hi,

I am so sorry for the late reply would it be ok for you to tell me what a levels you did and what you enjoy most in natural sciences?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending