The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Meeting English requirements-no response from the uni

Hi, I am an International Student, and have troubles with the English requirements. The deadline has passed the 31 and I have emailed admissions team several times in the last weeks with no response so I don't know what to do. I took the PTE Academic for UKVI, and have achieved high scores except for speaking. The uni asks for 51 minimum in each skill and 58 overall. I have 70 in the other skills but got 49 ( just two points less) in speaking. This is due to technical problems faced during the exam, I am from a trird world country and it is harder to access to some exams. The computer was crushing during the exam. The point is that I repeated this exam to have a higher score on speaking and this technical sissue continues to happen even though I was performing better in each time I took the exam. I was told that maybe the uni has internal options I can take, or maybe they can accept this score, but have no answer from them. I am very worried on having to take a different exam like ielts but it will take more time to do so. In my country just one test center takes it and with almost no dates for it, that is why I thought PTE Academic was better. If anyone knows something about this I will truly appreciate. I feel completly alone with this problem. Both the university and in-country representatives don't answer to me at all. Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending