The Student Room Group

Applying to Kings

I'm going into year 12 soon and I'm taking Biology Chemistry and Geography. For my GCSES I got 8888777665 with one of the 6s being in maths but i got high grades for the sciences and English. I'm hoping to do medicine at kings but with my GCSE grades will it be ok? I know unis mostly care about a levels and UCAT score but I'm scared that my gcse grades will disadvantage me
bruh chill out just focus on smashing year 12 (for predicted grades) and the UCAT and you will be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by lucky_ar
I'm going into year 12 soon and I'm taking Biology Chemistry and Geography. For my GCSES I got 8888777665 with one of the 6s being in maths but i got high grades for the sciences and English. I'm hoping to do medicine at kings but with my GCSE grades will it be ok? I know unis mostly care about a levels and UCAT score but I'm scared that my gcse grades will disadvantage me

Kings use GCSEs for 40% of their selection process, so unless you have WP flags, it would be unlikely you would be shortlisted

Original post by R3TR0_SN3KERH3AD
bruh chill out just focus on smashing year 12 (for predicted grades) and the UCAT and you will be fine.

Not at Kings, who use GCSEs for shortlisting
Reply 3
Original post by GANFYD
Kings use GCSEs for 40% of their selection process, so unless you have WP flags, it would be unlikely you would be shortlisted

Not at Kings, who use GCSEs for shortlisting

What medical schools would be the best option then considering my gcse grades?
Reply 4
Original post by lucky_ar
What medical schools would be the best option then considering my gcse grades?

Post your stats in the which med school thread, as per the format in the first post and people will comment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending