The Student Room Group

Law application

Even with good scores, lnat and IB, I am still wondering how to have a wow factor that helps me stand out from everyone else. Good grades is a no-brainer if you apply to law schools, especially since i am looking at oxford, so I wanted to know what were some aspects of your application that helped you stand out. thank you!
Original post by swati99bi
Even with good scores, lnat and IB, I am still wondering how to have a wow factor that helps me stand out from everyone else. Good grades is a no-brainer if you apply to law schools, especially since i am looking at oxford, so I wanted to know what were some aspects of your application that helped you stand out. thank you!

Hi @swati99bi!

I think one of the best ways to stand out in a law application is to have lots of legal experience as this shows both a proficiency and also a dedication to the subject. I would get experience by going to your local Crown Court and sitting in on some trials (usually members of the public are allowed to sit in any trial) or getting involved with workshops and work experience days which are run by various firms. An easy way to also get experience and be able to sound well-versed in your application, is to stay up to date with recent legal news and changes to legislation. Therefore, I would keep an eye on the news and listen to podcasts such as Law in Action to get a sense of what is occurring at the moment.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending