The Student Room Group

Worried for my brother

I just finished my a levels, got really good grades ABB , and i'm headed off to uni later this month. Meanwhile my brother is just starting sixth form, for his options he has chosen maths, further maths, physics and art. Im really worried because these are notoriously exceptionally hard choices. Im worried he will find it harder than expected and end up flunking the whole 2 years. I really want him to do well but im worried he's gonna struggle. I love him so much, i want him to do great.
What did your brother get for his gcses?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DedicatedWizard
What did your brother get for his gcses?

He got an 8 in maths and 98 in science... i know that i am biased, because i really struggled in the technical subjects at GCSE, but i just dont know if hes fully aware how hard those choices are. i have friends who picked them and they all agree it was more difficult than anyhting before.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by wkathryn17
He got an 8 in maths and 98 in science... i know that i am biased, because i really struggled in the technical subjects at GCSE, but i just dont know if hes fully aware how hard those choices are. i have friends who picked them and they all agree it was more difficult than anyhting before.

let him try the first year. if all goes well he can continue with 4. if not he can remove one of his a levels. its not the end of the world if he does 4 because many people including myself have done it. it is a higher workload but if he can organise himself well then its a good choice to do if he really likes the subjects. if he doesn't need all of them though i would only do 3 just to reduce the workload because unis do not usually care about more than 3 a levels unless its like imperial w contextual or smthn

Quick Reply

Latest