The Student Room Group

EPQ dissertation

Hi

I am currently doing my EPQ for the OCR exam board and am curious as to how many marks the dissertation counts for in comparison to the rest of the project
Reply 1
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/414382-specification.pdf

the specification breaks it down - I think the actual product of the dissertation falls under AO3 which is 40%, but within that includes how you use, develop and apply skills as well as the outcome. The EPQ is just as much (probably more so) about the process than the product. But if you write a very good dissertation it’s likely you’ve also used resources well and developed good skills. It’s sort of a holistic assessment of how you tackled it rather than you submitting an essay and getting marked on just the essay content itself.
Reply 2
It seems to me that no one cares about the dissertation! they just want all the planning, choosing resources, new skills learnt and evaluation - even the presentation I've read they don't want much about your findings, they just want a thorough evaluation. There's no making that sort of presentation interesting and no one seems to care if it's in the least bit engaging - as long as you're 'evaluating the process'.

Quick Reply

Latest