The Student Room Group

help with dissertation topic

(BN Adult nursing dissertation) Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas surrounding NIV and patient compliance or wound care/ICU/A&E topics. I'm interesting of going into Intensive care/A&E/cardiothoracic surgery and want to start thinking of a good topic. I've just done a respiratory ward so seen a lot of NIV. TIA
Reply 1
Original post by Nursingstudent10
(BN Adult nursing dissertation) Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas surrounding NIV and patient compliance or wound care/ICU/A&E topics. I'm interesting of going into Intensive care/A&E/cardiothoracic surgery and want to start thinking of a good topic. I've just done a respiratory ward so seen a lot of NIV. TIA

Choose something that interests you, you're going to end up living whatever topic you choose while you write about it, so if it'ssomething that interests you that's half the battle.

Theres a few things you could consider around NIV: skin care and minimising device related pressure damage, meeting a patient's nutritional needs while dependent on NIV, managing communication needs while on NIV for example.

For more of an ITU slant, mouthcare for mechanically ventilated patients is a popular dissertation topic with a lot of literature out there. Rehab from critical illness and approaches to be taken towards that (think about mobilising patients on vents for example). If you wanted to add in some cardiothoracics you could look at rehab post sternotomy too.

Once you've found a general topic I'd advise having a little scope of what literature is out there before narrowing down what you are going to write about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending