The Student Room Group

Aqa A level English literature

Hi ive just started year 12 and i was wondering if anyone had any notes or revision for Aqa A level English literature, specifically on the taming of the shrew and The great gastby? Thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by Futuregrade9
Hi ive just started year 12 and i was wondering if anyone had any notes or revision for Aqa A level English literature, specifically on the taming of the shrew and The great gastby? Thanks x

lit charts has loads of information about different plays/novels - they've got chapter summary + analysis, plot summary/timelines, character analysis, themes, motifs, quotes etc. Most stuff is blocked behind a subscription though but loads of people have made google drives filled with the pdfs that you get when you do buy they subscription, i literally just typed in "litcharts pdf reddit" and a few options popped up (:

theres also things like sparknotes, or york notes revision guides that you can usually find cheap used ones on ebay.

Knowunity is a good app - people upload they're notes, and theres group chats for different subjects etc and its getting more active now thats schools started again

hope this helps!!
Reply 2
Original post by loulai_
lit charts has loads of information about different plays/novels - they've got chapter summary + analysis, plot summary/timelines, character analysis, themes, motifs, quotes etc. Most stuff is blocked behind a subscription though but loads of people have made google drives filled with the pdfs that you get when you do buy they subscription, i literally just typed in "litcharts pdf reddit" and a few options popped up (:

theres also things like sparknotes, or york notes revision guides that you can usually find cheap used ones on ebay.

Knowunity is a good app - people upload they're notes, and theres group chats for different subjects etc and its getting more active now thats schools started again

hope this helps!!

Hi thank you so much, this is really helpful for me because so far the work has been a bit difficult and I don’t feel like I can ask for help at school, everyone in my class seems to be really smart so I just want to be on the same level as them and this helps
Reply 3
Original post by Futuregrade9
Hi thank you so much, this is really helpful for me because so far the work has been a bit difficult and I don’t feel like I can ask for help at school, everyone in my class seems to be really smart so I just want to be on the same level as them and this helps

No worries!! im glad they were helpful - your teachers will always be the bests ones to ask tho they've had loads of students before and know the subjects well, they should always be happy to help and they should know the best direction to guide you if that makes sense? Like they know which areas would be best for you to work on, but i appreciate it can be hard to ask for help especially from teachers and even peers - but im glad my suggestions could help!!

I hope you start to feel more confident in the subject as you progress!

Quick Reply

Latest