The Student Room Group

Student accommodation

Hi I can no longer stay at my student accommodation due to poor mental health, I came in on a tenancy takeover, my landlord still wants payments till my tenancy arrangement ends, my sister has went guarantor, could anybody give me some advice or has been in the same situation. Don’t want to get my sister into any bother , this is extremely adding to my mental health, any advice would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Moomy girl
Hi I can no longer stay at my student accommodation due to poor mental health, I came in on a tenancy takeover, my landlord still wants payments till my tenancy arrangement ends, my sister has went guarantor, could anybody give me some advice or has been in the same situation. Don’t want to get my sister into any bother , this is extremely adding to my mental health, any advice would be much appreciated.

Hello I'm deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing this I would advise you to speak to a counselor
Original post by Moomy girl

Hi,

How long left till the agreement ends? Is it a university or private student accommodation? You can ask your university student support for help or advice as they would be in a better position to assist you or you could look for someone else looking for a place to stay and make a deal with that person. Also, stop feeling anxious or worried about the issue and try to stay calm. Maybe ask your friends what they would do. I do hope you can find a solution to this problem.

Benedicta
Digital Student Ambassador UoS

Quick Reply

Latest