The Student Room Group

A Level - History coursework - which question is the best//most interesting

We have loads to chose from
- What were the causes of the russian revolution (1917)
- origins of the first ww and german imperial ambition being the main cause
- your view about the reasons for the end of the cold war
- your view about the extent to which by 1924 the russian people had exchanged one authoritarian regime for another
-your view about the appropriateness of the appeasement as the basis of british foreign policy during 1937-39
-how successful the impact of the new deal was by 1914

i'm leaning towards the russian revolution and the first world war idk though
Original post by user1787
- your view about the extent to which by 1924 the russian people had exchanged one authoritarian regime for another
-your view about the appropriateness of the appeasement as the basis of british foreign policy during 1937-39

Hi, I just finished my coursework and Y13-go with the one you're most interested in, but also the one with the most articles & research papers online to read! makes your research and essay writing so much easier :smile:
Simple rule of thumb, pick the one that genuinely interests you the most. It will make writing and researching so much less of a chore.

I generally love the origins of WWI, but I'm not enthusiastic about the question over German imperialism.

I like the look of the Russian authoritarianism question, particularly as the date of 1924 allows plenty of argument.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
I generally love the origins of WWI, but I'm not enthusiastic about the question over German imperialism.

I like the look of the Russian authoritarianism question, particularly as the date of 1924 allows plenty of argument.

what stuff would i talk about cuz i have no idea... propaganda? terror? i have never studied russia properly only found out some context due to doing Animal Farm so i don't know its just im in year 12 and we completing it this year.
(edited 7 months ago)
what stuff would i talk about cuz i have no idea... propaganda? terror? i have never studied russia properly only found out some context due to doing Animal Farm so i don't know its just im in year 12 and we completing it this year.

To me the main question is how authoritarian the USSR was in 1924 (death of Lenin, accession of Stalin) compared to a range of previous Tsars - and then whether Stalin took it further.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending