The Student Room Group

Skeletal Formulae

The person I'm sat next to is also really smart. I can't upload a picture but the molecule is in skeletal formula, has 9 carbon atoms, and going left to right has a double bond between atom 2 and 3, a methyl group on carbon 4, a methyl and OH on carbon 6, and a double bonded O on carbon 9. I have 3 minutes to write 3 exam style questions about this molecule and have been told to try and use a good mixture of knowledge that you've acquired in the course so far and you also have to know the answers to your questions. Then you test them on a partner. Please help I'm screwed.
Reply 1
you could do a question about electrophilic addition, nucleophilic addition stuff like that? ask to name the molecule or put it in a different formula (structural, displayed)
Original post by gb.06
The person I'm sat next to is also really smart. I can't upload a picture but the molecule is in skeletal formula, has 9 carbon atoms, and going left to right has a double bond between atom 2 and 3, a methyl group on carbon 4, a methyl and OH on carbon 6, and a double bonded O on carbon 9. I have 3 minutes to write 3 exam style questions about this molecule and have been told to try and use a good mixture of knowledge that you've acquired in the course so far and you also have to know the answers to your questions. Then you test them on a partner. Please help I'm screwed.

TSR is not a homework service. We are happy to help, but for that you have to be more willing to try yourself. :yep:

EDIT: The title of your thread has been changed to 'Skeletal Formulae'
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest