The Student Room Group

Transferring uni with bad a levels

Hi,

I done bad in my a levels. I didn’t get into my uni. I got chemical and energy engineering at london southbank university. Even if I didn’t get the grades at a level but I do good in my first year will I be able to get in chemical and petroleum engineering at Surrey or do you have to meet the a level requirements.
Impossible to say - general rule is, don’t start a degree you aren’t happy completing.

Transferring in the UK is not a standard or easy process like it is in other countries systems and often happens case by case.
Hi @Ddf819!

I transferred to Surrey after completing my foundation year elsewhere, and the first tip I'd give you is to contact the Admissions Team right away. You can find their contact info here.

Transfers really are on a case-by-case basis, which is why getting clarification from the Admissions Team can be of great help.

All the best!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Reply 3
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi @Ddf819!

I transferred to Surrey after completing my foundation year elsewhere, and the first tip I'd give you is to contact the Admissions Team right away. You can find their contact info here.

Transfers really are on a case-by-case basis, which is why getting clarification from the Admissions Team can be of great help.

All the best!

Marko

A similar case scenario as OP but with the same course. Can you also transfer? Doing accounting and Finance as well?
Reply 4
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi @Ddf819!

All the best!

Marko

Thank you I will email them right away.
Original post by EstL
A similar case scenario as OP but with the same course. Can you also transfer? Doing accounting and Finance as well?

Hi there :smile:

I did an Accounting and Finance foundation year and transferred to Surrey for the same course, so yes.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Marko

Quick Reply

Latest