The Student Room Group

transfer for architectural engineering

i didnt get nearly as good a levels as i was hoping for and ended up doing architectural engineering at reading uni, which is obviously fine.
However, this means that i did not get into my dream uni of UCL for the structural design and architecture course.
I was wondering if it would be possible for me to transfer to UCL following first year, provided I try very hard and prove that i can do those bad a level results as they were nowhere near my predicted.
I am not keen on resitting, due to my four a levels being maths and the three sciences and induced a lot of stress (considering i have passed them), and do not have the financial ability to take a gap year and i know UCL are quite prestigious but i was just wondering how likely it would be for me transferring there for second year.
Please help! thank you :smile:
Original post by laaalala
i didnt get nearly as good a levels as i was hoping for and ended up doing architectural engineering at reading uni, which is obviously fine.
However, this means that i did not get into my dream uni of UCL for the structural design and architecture course.
I was wondering if it would be possible for me to transfer to UCL following first year, provided I try very hard and prove that i can do those bad a level results as they were nowhere near my predicted.
I am not keen on resitting, due to my four a levels being maths and the three sciences and induced a lot of stress (considering i have passed them), and do not have the financial ability to take a gap year and i know UCL are quite prestigious but i was just wondering how likely it would be for me transferring there for second year.
Please help! thank you :smile:

Hey @laaalala!

Firstly, congratulations on your offer with us- that's great news! Really sorry it's not the situation you hoped for though.

Not every university will accept transfers, so it is probably best to contact UCL's admissions team - I've had a look and it looks like their number is +44 (0)20 8059 0939.

Totally understand you have your heart set on UCL so I'm not going to try and change your mind, but Reading is still a well-respected university for Architectural Engineering, ranked 3rd for Building in the Complete University Guide (2024) and have a high student satisfaction rate from NSS, which I hope makes you feel a little bit more settled about coming here. Not sure if that eases your worries at all or not for your first year, but hopefully you enjoy your time with us either way!

If you have any questions at all, or if there's anything we can do to help, please do let us know. Best of luck!

Skye :smile:
4th Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending