The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Cleaning at St. John’s?

I have a single ensuite at St. John’s. Am I responsible for cleaning the bathroom or do they have cleaners who do it? Just asking so I know if I should buy cleaning supplies or not?
I've asked the same question but not college specific and have been told that usually shared bathrooms are cleaned by cleaners. I think I will wait until I get there to buy cleaning supplies anyway, then I can ask and I won't have to bring even more stuff.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Why on earth would you expect cleaning staff to clean your private bathroom?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I wasn’t sure what services are included. That’s why I asked. I have no issue cleaning it myself. But I didn’t want to buy cleaning supplies if not needed.
Check with Johns - at Chads the cleaners do clean the en suites (and loo paper is provided) and hoover bedrooms.

Looooool 💀
I wasn’t sure what services are included. That’s why I asked. I have no issue cleaning it myself. But I didn’t want to buy cleaning supplies if not needed.

To be fair said cleaning supplies are very cheap and it's not like the go off like food supplies (where asking if the accommodation is catered or not makes a big difference!) so bringing it with you just in case if you don't have a clear answer won't be a great loss :smile:
Reply 7
Check with Johns - at Chads the cleaners do clean the en suites (and loo paper is provided) and hoover bedrooms.

Thank you!

wow
good to know where tuition fees are going
wow
good to know where tuition fees are going

Not tuition fees, will be the rather expensive accomodation fees surely
Not tuition fees, will be the rather expensive accomodation fees surely

Durham subsidise accommodation fees I think
Durham subsidise accommodation fees I think

They are quite high compared to other universities though