The Student Room Group

what is an ordinary degree

so I am getting an ordinary degree... I don't want to do a top-up, I have three years of work experience.
It's a non-honours degree. Normally an exit qualification for people who failed to achieve the honours degree but did enough credits to get more than a DipHE.

You won't be able to apply to grad roles but you'll be able to apply to entry level and perhaps with your work experience more intermediate level roles. The transferable skills you got during the ordinary degree can still be useful as well for seeking employment, although your three years of work experience will probably make more of a difference anyway as that's quite valuable :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
It's a non-honours degree. Normally an exit qualification for people who failed to achieve the honours degree but did enough credits to get more than a DipHE.

You won't be able to apply to grad roles but you'll be able to apply to entry level and perhaps with your work experience more intermediate level roles. The transferable skills you got during the ordinary degree can still be useful as well for seeking employment, although your three years of work experience will probably make more of a difference anyway as that's quite valuable :smile:

thank you, I am volunteering at the moment as a writer so that is something, what kind of jobs is available for ordinary degree grads?
Original post by Anonymous
thank you, I am volunteering at the moment as a writer so that is something, what kind of jobs is available for ordinary degree grads?

Any entry level positions or non-graduate roles you have suitable experience to apply to. Depends on what you want to do but would suggest looking at admin positions in office environments or similar as a general starting point and seeing where you can move from there (especially if you start in a bigger company or in the civil service or something, where moving laterally or being seconded is a possibility and can help you realise longer term careers goals).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending